We are very proud that SwissRidge has passed the kennel inspection with flying colors every year since 2001! We value the health and safety of our staff and dogs and place it in very high regard. In addition to the mandatory annual kennel inspection, we complete a monthly voluntary inspection alongside our Health and Safety Inspector. He walks through the kennel making sure everything is in order and working properly, and that there are no imminent dangers. The inspector also evaluates every SwissRidge employee to ensure that all policies and procedures are being followed, and that the kennel is being kept sanitary.
There are various features with significant benefits that we’ve implemented at SwissRidge. These policies help keep our staff and dogs healthy and safe every day:
- Fire and carbon monoxide monitoring as well as fire extinguishers throughout the kennel.
- Wi-Fi security system with motion detection and cameras.
- Nine-foot fence with one foot of fencing buried in the ground so there is little to no chance that a dog can escape from the play yard. If by some chance a dog manages to escape, we have ten acres of fenced property surrounding the kennel.
- A vet is on-call at all times in case of emergencies.
- All dogs are vaccinated annually to prevent disease and all dogs are dewormed multiple times a year to control worm infestations.
- All employees must scrub into the kennel: change into kennel scrubs, wash their hands and arms for five minutes, enter the clean area, and change into kennel shoes before they may proceed into the kennel.
- To prevent cross-contamination, employees stay within the zones that are assigned for the day.
- To keep the puppies free of disease, lab coats, gloves, and booties are worn and changed between working with the different litters.
- Employees are trained and many have been certified in Canine First Aid and CPR.
- Routine health checks are performed daily on the dogs.
- Routine socialization, cuddles, checkups, pack walks, play time, swimming, and one-on-one time occurs daily to keep the dogs healthy, active, and fit.
We wrote the first book on Bernedoodles
This comprehensive, easy-to-read and entertaining book covers everything you need to know about this amazing hybrid. Since Bernedoodles can vary significantly in size, build, coloring, and even personality, prospective owners need advice from someone who knows the breed inside out. Who better than the breeder who created them?
Pawsh Magazine – “… insightful tips for finding the right breed and puppy for your family dynamic.”
Thinking of adopting a SwissRidge™ puppy?
Often people will want one of my dogs because they are irresistibly adorable. Please take the time to consider if this breed is the right choice for you and your family. Click the link above to answer some questions to help you see if our doodles are the best match for you.